The Nokia N96 had a recent firmware update, hot on the heels of the N97, with the release of its version 30.033 (18-06-09) with this new firmware there was NOT a lot of noticeable new features, apart from the usual software fixes,
which should make your phone run a little faster, but one of the features caught my eye, the slide open & slide close function were you can replace the sound made, each time you slide open or close the phone it will make that sound…
To change the Sounds that the slide open and slide close makes.
Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Personalisation > Themes > Audio Themes > Phone Handling Events
in this section you will be presented with -> Open Slide & Close Slide;
select the sound files from the listings, and that’s you…
Here’s what im currently using, the Star War’s Lightsabre open and close sounds
If you need to find out how you can update your firmware, have a watch at the video below, this will outline the steps to take in order for you to Update Over the Air, this is using the built-in Wifi, or 3G connection to download, (one good thing is the progessive download -Ã‚Â you wont loose your place when it stops or looses connection)
Update your Nokia N96
New software available now!
File size: 108.45 MB
Functional and image quality improvements are included with the firmware release.
New features include:
- Application stability improvements
- Image quality improvements
- Uninterrupted viewing/recording of videos
- Improved Bluetooth interoperability
- Compatibility with Nokia Email service
How to get the update
Option 1: Over the air
1. a) Go to the Device Manager:
Menu > Tools > Utilities > Device Manager
Select Options > Check for updates*.
1. b) or type in *#0000# on the home screen to jump there directly.
2. Follow the prompts to download the update. As connection, choose either your operator data connection (there may be data transfer fees charged by your operator) or WLAN.
Option 2: Using your PC and USB cable
Get the latest Nokia Software Updater and install it on your PC.
Before you start
While the good news is that the software update preserves your personal data and applications, you should always make a safety backup of your device content before updating the software. Please also connect your device to a charger during the update.
* If you are told no updates are found, this could mean the update is not available yet for your particular operator; check back again later.
Latest posts by Marty (see all)
- Emax 250 Fly Away – Lost Quadcopter Greenock - March 23, 2015
- MF280 Quadcopter Flips & Rolls - January 13, 2015
- MF280 FPV Quadcopter - December 14, 2014
- 3D Printed – Universal 2-Axis Front Facing Brushless Gimbal for Alien Quadcopter Frame - October 30, 2014
- H250 ZMR Mini FPV Quadcopter – Last Battery Of The Day! - October 21, 2014