The following tutorial will take you through the simple process of communicating with a Benq VAD6038 DVD Drive using Jungle Flasher and an X360USB PRO adapter.
- Xecuter X360USB Pro
- DVD Drive Power source (the tutorial uses an Xecuter CK3 Pro)
- Sata Cable (Supplied with X360USB Pro)
- USB Cable (Supplied with X360USB Pro)
- Latest version of Jungle Flasher (0.1.95-Beta-321) (Local Mirror)
- X360USB PRO Windows Drivers
- Windows XP / Vista / 7 – 32bit or 64bit
There are two firmware versions of the Benq VAD6038, the 64230C and the 64930C. This guide covers both models. To find out which version of Benq drive you have simply look at the label and you will see “FW Ver.: 64X30C”
Here is an example of the Benq VAD6038 DVD label. As you can see we have highlighted the F/W version – in this case it is the 64930C.
Before you connect everything you first need to install the X360USB Pro Drivers. These are signed and work in Windows XP / Vista / 7 both 32bit and 64bit. Download the small driver pack and plug in the X360USB PRO USB Cable. When it asks for the drivers simple point to the files you saved and they will install with ease. You are now ready to hook everything else up.
It’s very easy to hook up your Benq VAD6038 to your PC. Simply connect the DVD power supply (in this case the Xecuter CK3 Pro) to the DVD drive (take care to make sure it is fitted the correct way – the wrong way can damage your drive) and to a molex power cable from your PC or from an external Molex power supply. Then connect the SATA cable from the DVD drive to the X360USB Pro, and then connect the USB cable from the X360USB Pro to a USB port on your Netbook/Notebook/Laptop/Desktop computer.
OK we are ready to begin:
1. Load up Jungle Flasher and…
(1) Select the MTK Flash 32 Tab
(2) Make sure the I/O Port is set to 0x000
(3) The X360USB pro should be detected as Primary Master and the Firmware version will be displayed (in this case it is Ver 0.17)
(4) The Benq VAD6038 should be detected and ready to work with
2. Now we need to put the drive into Vendor Mode.
(1) Click the Benq UnLock button
(2) The drive is now in vendor Mode
3. Now to read the firmware from the drive. Simply click on the Read button.
4. You will be asked to save the firmware file. I just created a directory called FW on the C: drive and saved it there.
5. The following part of the guide is solely to show 3rd party tools working with the X360USB PRO. You must own any game that you backup and we do not condone any kind of piracy and this is purely for educational purposes only. We do not provide any of the LT Plus firmware files and they are not provided or included with Jungle Flasher so do not ask for them. Once the drives firmware has been read Jungle Flasher will ask you if you want to auto-load the Benq iXtreme firmware. Click Yes.
6. Everything is now loaded into Jungle Flasher and you are ready to go. lets explain what’s happening on the screen at the moment.
(1) The source buffer is loaded with the firmware from your Benq drive. It shows here that it is 64930C Stock Firmware
(2) This is your DVD key – always keep this safe !
(3) This is the iXtreme LT firmware auto loaded into the target buffer
7. Now you are ready to program your drive.
(1) Select the MTK Flash 32 tab
(2) Click the Write button
8. After writing, Jungle Flasher also reads and verifies every sector to make sure that the drive programmed correctly. Once everything is completed it will say “Write Verified OK!”
9. Success ! You can now click the Outro / ATA Reset button to take the drive out of vendor mode